At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Long Island. Whether it’s through our internal business practices or creating energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits in every season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on your climate. The options below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Visit your Long Island Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass styles or our recommendations for the Long Island region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between two or more glass panes to offer increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room when it’s cold; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Long Island Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.