Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the first impression that guests have when coming into your Long Island home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and call for a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery about a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can get a major revamp.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a great first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Long Island, give them a call at 516-331-0031 or plan an appointment online to work through all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.