Cooler temps are heading our way in Long Island and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often get higher. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous all year long, here are some of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Long Island winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella of Long Island team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Long Island.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Long Island a call at 516-331-0031 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.