Fall is upon us in Long Island, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a large impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Long Island a call at 516-331-0031 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!